Pacific Coast Explorer (15Days)
San Diego, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Francisco, Eureka, Coos Bay, Newport, Portland, Seattle
Tour Code: 8570
Spend 15-days enjoying the sunny blue skies and beaches of the Pacific Coast. Start in California's largest cities, San Diego and Los Angeles, and try to spot your favourite celebrities in Hollywood. Follow the shoreline from Santa Barbara to the Golden Gate city of San Francisco, famous for its steep hills and cable cars. Enjoy a visit to the wine-growing valley of Sonoma before heading north through Oregon, visiting the charming coastal towns and popular beach resorts on the way. Continue into Washington State where you will spend 2-nights exploring Seattle, the 'Emerald City', before your holiday ends.
- SIGHTSEEING: In San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Wine Country, Bandon-by-the-Sea, Portland, and Seattle; TCL Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Santa Barbara Mission, Hearst Castle, Alcatraz, included wine tasting, Oregon Coast Aquarium, International Rose Test Garden at Washington Park, and Volcano Visitors Centre.
- SCENIC HIGHLIGHTS: Old Town San Diego, Santa Barbara, Solvang, San Simeon, 17-Mile Drive, Monterey, Cannery Row, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Nob Hill, Sonoma, Avenue of the Giants, Redwood National Park, Bandon Lighthouse, Siuslaw National Forest, Newport, Yaquina Bay, Three Capes Scenic Route, and the Columbia River.
- GUIDES: Services of a professional Tour Director
- TRANSPORTATION: Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring.
- HOTELS: Twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges and tips for baggage handling
- MEALS: 4 Continental Breakfasts
2015 Departure Dates and Rates per Person
|Start Date||End Date||Twin Share||Single|
|July 19, 2015||August 02, 2015||$2,319||$3,354|
|August 16, 2015||August 30, 2015||$2,319||$3,354|
|August 30, 2015||September 13, 2015||$2,319||$3,354|
|September 06, 2015||September 20, 2015||$2,319||$3,354|
|September 13, 2015||September 27, 2015||$2,319||$3,354|
- US$135 per person
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR FARES:
- AIRLINE TICKETS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE and to be purchased separately
- Pre and Post Tour Accommodations
- VISA and Passports - You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company is not responsible for providing specific visa and passport information or documentation, and The Company cannot accept liability for any traveller refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the traveller to carry correct documentation. All travellers travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of the trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple entry visas are required for some holidays. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
- Travel Insurance - Travel Insurance NOT INCLUDED in the above rates.It is highly recommened you have travel insurance in place
- Other than those mentioned in the Standard Features or Inclusions, any incidentals and expenditures of personal nature are not included in the above rates
- Passport and visa photocopies required before processing, passport should be not less 6 months valid from the date of travel
- Please be gently reminded that it is the guest's responsibility to secure passport and valid entry visas to the destinations if applicable
- ONCE CONFIRED AND FINALIZED, ALL PACKAGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CHANGEABLE, NON-REBOOKABLE FOR ANY MATTER. Please make your trip definite
- Prepayment Terms and Conditions Apply
- This is already a discounted promo package. No other discounts are applicable or combinable with this package.
- Boris Travel and Tours is not held liable or responsible for any trip and tour cancellations, tour forefeiture brought about by flight cancellations, flight delays, bad weather conditions, or any failure to execute arrangements specified herein directly or indirectly occasioned by or through or in consequence of war, change of statutes government, strikes, riots, and Acts of God or conditions beyond our control
- Please note that this guarantee does not apply in any situation where the safety of clients is at potential risk or in the case of global health warnings; or when the operation of a tour is not possible for reasons beyond our control (such as industrial action/strikes and operational restrictions); or a Force Majeure event. A Force Majeure event is an inevitable or unpredictable event including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane (or other natural disaster), act of war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, political unrest, blockage, embargo, labour dispute or strike.
- All rates are subject to space availability upon reservation. Rates are subject to change without prior notice
Day to Day Itinerary
DAY 01. SAN DIEGO.
Welcome to San Diego, California's second-largest city. Time at leisure to relax or to do some independent exploring. Your Tour Director is on hand this evening to answer any questions.
DAY 02. SAN DIEGO
Enjoy blue skies on 100 kilometres of beaches with a Mediterranean climate. This morning features a sightseeing tour, including downtown, the Gaslamp Quarter, Balboa Park, Coronado Island, and Old town San Diego. This afternoon, experience San Diego at your leisure. Take in the Maritime Museum or the celebrated San Diego Zoo. (CB)
DAY 03. SAN DIEGO-LOS ANGELES
Today, continue on your coastal journey to Los Angeles, the "City of Angels" and home to Universal Studios as well as your favourite music and film celebrities. Tour Los Angeles and visit the TCL Chinese Theatre, where nearly 200 movie stars have left their handprints and footprints, and see the popular Hollywood Walk of Fame.
DAY 04. LOS ANGELES
The day is free for your own exploration. Visit Hollywood and the Hollywood History Museum, located in the old Max Factor Building. Stroll Olvera Street, the heart of the original Spanish Mission, or visit the Getty Centre with its wonderful art collection. This evening, your Tour Director will have plenty of suggestions for dining and shopping.
DAY 05. LOS ANGELES-SANTA BARBARA-SOLVANG-SAN LUIS OBISPO.
This morning, leave the "Motion Picture Capital of the World" behind as you follow the shoreline from Santa Monica to Santa Barbara. The Spanish influence is apparent in Santa Barbara with its quaint whitewashed and tile-roofed buildings. Visit the impressive 200-year-old MISSION with its world-famous twin bell towers. Afterward, enjoy a stroll along the wharf and lunch on your own. Up next: Solvang, where Denmark has been recreated with picturesque buildings and windmills. Free time to browse through the charming shops featuring Danish imports and rich pastries.
DAY 06. SAN LUIS OBISPO-SAN SIMEON-17-MILE-DRIVE-MONTEREY.
This morning we'll travel along the scenic Big Sur Coast Highway and journey to San Simeon to visit HEARST CASTLE, the opulent mansion of wealthy newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst. See the splendid antiques, art treasures, and exotic possessions. Next, visit the resort town of Carmel, a popular haven for writers, artists, and celebrities. Another high point on today's journey is the beautiful 17-MILE DRIVE, with views of famous Pebble Beach Golf Course and the tenacious Lone Cypress. Next, travel to Monterey, made famous by John Steinbeck's Cannery Row. (CB)
DAY 07. MONTEREY-SAN FRANCISCO.
This morning, leave the Monterey coast behind and journey up the peninsula to San Francisco, the "City by the Bay." Upon arrival, a sightseeing tour includes the breathtaking Golden Gate Bridge and bustling Fisherman's Wharf. Afterward, take a boat trip to ALCATRAZ PRISON and learn the history of this notorious former prison. (CB) NOTE: The National Park Service requires we disclose that the value of the Alcatraz Prison visit is US$30.
DAY 08. SAN FRANCISCO.
The day is free for independent exploration. Perhaps return to Fisherman's Wharf to enjoy its stores, markets, and excellent waterside eateries; stroll along Grant Street; or maybe take a cable car ride. Tonight, join our optional evening out with dinner at Fisherman's Wharf followed by an Illumination tour of San Francisco.
DAY 09. SAN FRANCISCO-WINE COUNTRY-EUREKA.
Leave San Francisco and cross over the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge. Head north into the wine-growing valley of Sonoma. Enjoy a guided tour and WINE TASTING at one of the well-known wineries. Afterward, travel the AVENUE OF THE GIANTS. This world-famous scenic drive is a 50-kilometre portion of Highway 101 with 51,222 acres of redwood groves.
DAY 10. EUREKA-REDWOOD NATIONAL PARK-BANDON-BY-THE-SEA-COOS BAY.
Travel the coastal highway through REDWOOD NATIONAL PARK with its majestic sequoias, then drive to the seacoast town of Bandon-by-the-sea. A sightseeing tour will show you its beauty and charm, and includes a photo stop at the Bandon Lighthouse. Overnight in the town of Coos Bay. (CB)
DAY 11. COOS BAY-FLORENCE-NEWPORT.
Today is all about scenic beauty at a leisurely pace. First is the quaint town of Florence, one of Oregon's most beautiful and charming cities along the coast. Time on your own to explore historic Old Town with its shops, boutiques, and coffee houses. From Florence, continue north through the SIUSLAW NATIONAL FOREST past popular beach resorts to one of Oregon's favourite holiday spots - Newport on pretty Yaquina Bay. Late this afternoon, visit the OREGON COAST AQUARIUM.
DAY 12. NEWPORT-TILLAMOOK-PORTLAND.
For a taste of the dramatic Oregon coastline we follow the Three Capes Scenic Route to Tillamook. Watch for the signs that tell you the brief story of the ghost community, now gone, that existed there 35 to 55 years ago. Enjoy a break in Tillamook, best known for its famous cheese and tasty saltwater taffy, before heading to Portland, Oregon's largest city. A sightseeing tour shows why Portland is better known as the "City of Roses" with its numerous parks and beautiful flower gardens. Visit the largest rose garden in the U.S. - WASHINGTON PARK INTERNATIONAL ROSE TEST GARDEN.
DAY 13. PORTLAND-SEATTLE.
Today, cross the majestic Columbia River and head north into Washington State to the VOLCANO VISITORS CENTRE to learn of the dramatic eruption of Mount St. Helens. Then, weather permitting, see ice-clad dormant volcano Mount Rainier before reaching Seattle. This afternoon's sightseeing includes the Seattle Centre, site of the 1962 World Fair and the 185-metre-high Space Needle, and a stop at the colourful Pike Place Market
DAY 14. SEATTLE.
The day is free for you to explore the "Emerald City." Perhaps take a sightseeing tour that soaks up the Asian flavour of the International District. Explore downtown, take a ferry across Puget Sound, or just relax and experience the spectacular views of Elliott Bay and enjoy fresh seafood.
DAY 15. SEATTLE
The trip ends this morning with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers are provided to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.